What a big week it has been for us!
Thank you to all of you who have hit our social media channels (on Twitter @NewPedagogies and Facebook ) and subscribed to NPDLConnect. It’s been great to see the various layers of implementation and YOUR practices, learning and learners (of all ages) being featured.
A shout out to @patriciahoutsma for prompting our most viewed tweet this week!
Our analytics tell us that we have reached out to over 6000 users over the last 7 days. Please keep spreading the word and sharing your thoughts, achievements and great practice! Our social media and NPDLConnect will be the major information sources as we promote upcoming events, webinars and interactive conversations, so please check back in regularly!
Most importantly, thanks to those who have responded on NPDLConnect or via email to our prompt asking for three most powerful ideas, enablers or actions that you have engaged in to bring NPDL to life for your learners.
Your responses addressed dimensions such as:
- the importance of school culture and climate – ultimately established by School Principals – in allowing and indeed encouraging teachers to embrace and enact new ways of teaching and learning
- clarity of vision and purpose – across all learners, teachers, leaders and the broader school community
- explicitly and authentically connecting your curriculum to the 6C’s
- Growing “Leadership from the Middle“
- learning from each other – collaborating to build collective efficacy
- celebrating success – and analyzing failures to do better next time around!
- creating time to allow deep learning
- starting small and building capacity
- analyzing and evaluating all we do in order to improve our practice, and outcomes for learners
- being prepared to take risks and work “outside the box”
Please continue to post or email through your thoughts,
yours in depth,